Thursday, January 12, 2012

Blessings in 2011

I've felt like my first few posts have been more negative than positive. So, I thought I should post something positive. What could be more positive than listing my blessings from last year?

1) My divorce was finalized in February of 2011.

2) I completed my first year of college with mostly A's.

3) I received a job offer for the summer which helped replace the child support I wasn't receiving.

4) I received a full-ride scholarship to a private university here. The scholarship is good for 5 years and enables me to be a full-time student and NOT have to work.

5) I got a car after not having one for 6 months.

6) My little brother got married and I gained a really cool sister.

7) I began receiving child support again through child support recovery.

8) I completed my first semester at university with all A's and B's.

9) The kids and I moved into our own place.

10) I not only survived in 2011...I THRIVED!

These aren't necessarily in the order that they happened. But its amazing to look back and see what a great year I really had. Its so easy to focus on the negative (a lot of really crappy things happened last year too) but...I think I'll have a better frame of mind if I focus on the good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Happy to hear from you! I don't mind if you have an opinion different from my own and I'm more than happy to hear it. All I ask is that you be respectful in your delivery. :) Thanks!